Friday, June 12, 2009

Life is a routine...



BANGKOK: Life in Bangkok has become a routine. Off to 7eleven for breakfast. Back to the church to edit video. Off to the streets for lunch. Back to the church to edit video. Help teach an English class or two in the evening. Bible study after that. Find dinner somewhere in between and end the night hanging out with our Thai friends, discussing the Bible or helping sharpen their English skills. Life has become a routine. I used to dread routine but I have found that routine is good. It is what people get used to that makes them comfortable. If it wasn't for routine I wouldn't know my "smoothie Lady" friend and her three cousin's that now attend our Church. If it wasn't for routine I wouldn't get my everyday smile at the 7eleven for my daily dosage of soymilk. Yes routine is a good thing. And I am happy that this has been discovered in Thailand. I think getting past that adrenaline rush of being a student missionary that you can so easily get on a 1 month mission trip is key. When the "mission" becomes a way of life that is when you know you are . . . a missionary


Hong (my smoothie friend), Aey (cousin), me, Mariam (my faithful translator)


Magdeline and Mary (my Thai mothers)

KELLY: Our fearless leader and companion over the last 5 months has left us. Her time in Thailand is over and we miss her greatly. Life is changing everyday but we are adjusting. But some people just can't be replaced.


Kelly, Mariam, me on our last Sabbath together

2 comments:

  1. Ope, the is not a really comment, bet you thought it was, ha ha. Got your hopes up for nothing. This is just a shameless plug for my blog. Hey kids, come on over to thaispacecat.blogspot.com to see some awesome wolverine pics!!!! You won't be disappointed by the routine you find here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ya...! you know your retro when u still go by the code name slim shady. Ohhhh! new word Retro almost as good as emo but not really. Actually man the term retro is meant to be cool, so never mind i got to find some other clever comment to combat your head . Alright after a few seconds of heavy thought. Dude your so remo, thats right remo. its a replayed version of an emo, its like the caveman version of emo. Only emo caveman had beards back then... prove it.

    ReplyDelete